Top articles of 2019 in the Journal of the American Medical Association
Visit this link for a more thorough summary of each article listed above directly from JAMA's website.
JAMA, published continuously since 1883, is an international peer-reviewed general medical journal. JAMA is a member of the JAMA Network family of journals, which includes 11 specialty journals and JAMA Network Open.
JAMA is the most widely circulated medical journal in the world. JAMA's acceptance rate is 11% of the more than 7,000 major manuscripts it receives annually and 4% of the more than 4,400 research papers received.
JAMA's Key and Critical Objectives
To promote the science and art of medicine and the betterment of the public health
- To maintain the highest standards of editorial integrity independent of any special interests
- To publish original, important, valid, peer-reviewed articles on a diverse range of medical topics
- To foster responsible and balanced debate on important issues that affect medicine, health, health care, and health policy
- To provide physicians with continuing education in basic and clinical science to support informed clinical decisions and ongoing career development
- To enable physicians to remain informed in multiple areas of medicine, including developments in fields other than their own
- To improve health and health care internationally by elevating the quality of medical care, disease prevention, and research
- To inform readers about the various aspects of medicine and public health, including the political, philosophic, ethical, legal, environmental, economic, historical, and cultural
- To recognize that, in addition to these specific objectives, JAMA has a social responsibility to improve the total human condition and to promote the integrity of science
- To achieve the highest level of ethical medical journalism and to produce a publication that is timely, credible, and enjoyable to read
- To use technologies to drive innovation and improve the communication of journal content
ISSN 0098-7484 (Print)
ISSN 1538-3598 (Online)
Updated June 2018
Abbasi J. JAMA Network Articles of the Year 2019. JAMA. 2019;322(21):2061–2064. doi:https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.18830